MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
To provide tax driven strategic financial planning advice to British expatriates retired in continental Europe. Develop a growing client base by attracting new clients and providing ongoing advice to existing ones. Relocation to another country in Europe will be necessary.
Key Responsibilities and Duties...
- To carry out professional fact finding and risk profiling and with the para-planner oversee obtaining all ‘Know your client’ (KYC) and compliance paperwork for on boarding of new clients.
- Discuss objectives with prospective and existing clients.
- Agree on a plan to meet those objectives and with the para-planner formulate in writing to the client.
- Oversee implementation of the agreed recommendations.
PROVISION OF STRATEGIC FINANCIAL PLANNING
- To be the main driver in attracting new clients to the firm in allocated territory.
- To establish and record the prospective clients’ current financial position, objectives and risk tolerance, and other information needed to develop a financial plan.
- To guide prospective clients through their investment strategy and financial plan, utilising all relevant data including and reviewing income tax returns, life and disability insurance records, pension plan information, and wills and existing investment arrangement.
- To prepare and interpret client information such as investment performance reports, financial document summaries, and income projections.
- To build and maintain effective client relationships and advocacy levels.
- Working with the Private Client manager to ensure, periodically, highly competent face to face reviews with clients are carried out, using risk profiling methodology and implementing further financial planning recommendations where appropriate.
- Together with the Private Client manager oversee changes to existing clients’ investments as instructed .
- On behalf of the client utilise the firm’s investment approach.
OWN PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS
- To maintain and extend professional standards by keeping up to date with financial products, legislation and personal taxes in given market.
- To meet the professional, regulatory and ethical aspects of the role and treat all clients fairly at all times.
- To be an ambassador for the firm at all times.
- To work with the marketing department to attract new clients through advertising and marketing via numerous forms of media including print and radio, seminars and editorial.
- With the support of Private Client managers to keep clients abreast of new financial products or changes to legislation that may affect their portfolio.
- To balance referral activities, client follow up, prospect building, and administrative tasks in an effective and organised way.
If you’re interested and you’re qualified to Diploma Level 4 (as recognised by the Financial Conduct Authority) or higher, please get in touch for an initial chat.
Call us on 0044 (0)20 7389 5220 or click here to email us.
NOTE:Those not holding the level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning or Regulated Financial Planning (or similar equivalent, recognised by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom) need not apply. Candidates very close to obtaining the qualification may be considered subject to relevant experience.